You want to make a difference on a big scale, and we're here to work with you to create new knowledge that in turn, creates impact. Our graduates use their scientific knowledge and practical skills to pursue careers ranging from research, to policy, to community outreach, and environmental stewardship.
Launch Your Environmental Science Career
There are a wide variety of career options for graduates of Environmental Science programs. Whether you prefer working in an office or conducting research in the field or a lab, there are many jobs that require scientific knowledge of our earth’s systems. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics 2016 publication, the field of Environmental Scientists and Specialists is growing faster than many other occupations and the median salary is more than $60,000 per year. Below are just a few of the career paths open to environmental science graduates.
- Community Outreach
- Environmental Consultant
- Environmental Educator
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Fish and Wildlife Management
- Public Lands Management
- Regional and City Planning
- Environmental Risk Assessment
With a graduate degree, you could also pursue areas such as:
- Environmental Science Research
- Public Health
Ultimately, the choice is up to you. With an environmental science degree, you will be prepared to work in many fields related to sustainability and the environment, and through engaged learning opportunities, internships, and labs, you will have an opportunity to test different options and decide which is right for you.
Our experienced advisors will support you by:
- Listening to you to learn about your interests and goals
- Helping you to explore career opportunities that align with your goals
- Identifying opportunities for you to get the experience you need to land the job
- Working with you every step of the way to make sure you have the information you need to work toward graduation in a timely manner
- Assisting you as you plan for the next steps after graduation
From selecting a graduate program or employer to completing your resume and applications, our advisors are here to guide you.
Deciding on a future career can feel overwhelming, especially when there are so many different options.
We're here to support you as you shape your future, including selecting classes, learning about different job opportunities and exploring new interests.
Our Career Center staff can help you:
- find internship opportunities,
- prepare your resume, and
- practice for your first interview.
We can also help you assess your experience to decide how to best move toward a career that excites you.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to discover the career that fits your unique combination of skills, passion, and interests. There are so many options out there! Who knows, you might discover a career path you never knew existed!